I’m using a time wibble again because I didn’t quite feel up to posting on the 12th; I’d made no progress to speak of on the mash up, wasn’t ready to share my embroidery progress on Cersei, and hadn’t cleared my next project (yes, I have three major WIPs now) with my sister. But I spent some time browsing sewing blogs last night, and aside from becoming more discouraged about the a-historical nature of the mash up, I think it would be worthwhile to lay out my sewing goals for the year (skipping links this post – if you’re new, browse the costume tag!):
Obviously, I need to finish up several of my current projects:
- Finish historical mash up gown
- Finish Cersei
- Finish Jaime
- Finish new repurposing project – more info on this soon!
- And maybe finish one more item from my box of old WIPs?
Deadlines are really useful for me, and I just found out my local museum is hosting historical teas this spring, so I’d like to add:
- Foundation garments for Irene
- And maybe a new leg o’ mutton sleeve blouse?
And then Jeff and I are planning to at least hang out outside of Comic Con this year singing nerdy music, so we want some more costumes for that. We’ll take Cersei and Jaime one day, and we could easily use Sherlock and Irene again, so then I’ll only need to choose 1 or 2 of the following pairs:
- Inara & Atherton Wing (from Firefly’s “Shindig” episode)
- Rincewind or Vimes and Susan (from Terry Pratchett’s Discworld series)
- Mechanicsburg reporter and false female Jäger (inspired by webcomic Girl Genius)
- Or (and this is my newest idea, and thus a late addition to the list) Giselle and Robert (from Enchanted, because my mom has a very appropriate set of floral curtains she’d like to replace)
Plus one stretch goal, I think, using a nice pale yellow from my stash:
- Regency day dress