Next up Jeff and I will probably be headed to Grand Rapids Comic Con. We’ll reprise Sherlock and Irene, of course (ideally with the vest snugged up and somewhere to hang the pipe). And we’ll spend some time running around – if they allow running – as a pair of Tens. Um, that’s the Tenth Doctor, from Doctor Who, in case you couldn’t guess from the title.
Edit: We’re only going to spend one day at Comic Con. So the Doctors will have to wait for Halloween. But since it’s basically Halloween party season already, it won’t be a long wait.
Anyway, to get back to your regularly scheduled post: These costumes are completely thrifted.
– Thrifted blue suits (pinstripe, for him)
– Thrifted dress shirts (actually, mine might be a leftover from choir)
– Thrifted ties (mine’s a clip-on!)
– Thrifted Converse (of course)
– Thrifted trench coats
– Thrifted khaki headband (for me, because what does a female Doctor do with her hair?)
– Thrifted pair of K-9 slippers (which we randomly ran into and how could we not?!)
And I lied. Mostly thrifted. We bought the sonic screwdrivers. Plus a couple of items of forgotten provenance:
– Psychic paper (I think it was a tiny wallet, once upon a time)
– Brainy specs (for him. My eyes suck so I have glasses all the time)
Still. Not much sewing here. (Even the WWII coat I hacked together for a Jack Harkness cosplay from a lady’s jacket didn’t have much – adjust the collar here, cut off the cuff straps there, sew them onto the shoulders for rank insignia instead… And paint the buttons gold. That was a pretty fun project, but Jeff wants to pick up a vortex manipulator before we bring it out again.)